performances to date
Minimum 4 performers
Written in collaboration with Mark Neil and Brian Two
Originally commissioned by a theatre company based in Spain, Skitskrieg! is a collection of silly sketches all with a World War Two theme.
The script includes a list of suggested wartime songs that can be interwoven into the running order for audience sing along!
- The Not so Great Escape: Three POW’s discuss possible escape plans in a World War 2 camp.
- Keeping up with the Andersons: Jimmy’s dad thinks he has built the perfect Anderson air raid shelter, until he hears about his neighbour’s.
- Cash in the Attic: It’s another edition of ‘Cash in the Attic’ and the team find some amazing items in Herr Schutzstaffel’s house.
- The Health and Safety Inspector: The troops manning a dug out in the front line receive a visit from the Brigade Health and Safety inspector!
- Changing Booms: The TV makeover show, makes over Doris and Charlie’s house!
- SAS Selection: A rather camp interior designer applies for a position in the elite SAS.
- Military Intelligence: Two German spies report back to their superior on their failed mission to London and blame the map provided.
- Gas Masks: A wartime customer returns a substandard gas mask.
- Bletchley Park 1, 2 and 3: A set of 3 short sketches celebrating the great technological breakthroughs by the boffins of Bletchley Park.
- The Food Rationing Auction: War time rationing leads to an unusual auction!
- The 12 Days of Blitzkrieg: An alternative set of lyrics to sing to the tune of the Twelve days of Christmas!
- Four POWs: A group of four World War 2 veterans reminisce on their wartime prisoner of war experiences. With more than a nod to Monty Python’s ‘Four Yorkshiremen’!
- Wartime Ready, Steady, Cook!: With wartime rationing the game show Ready Steady Cook has a very different look and feel!
- Bomber Command: The Pilot and Flight Engineer of a Lancaster Bomber face trouble from ‘the passengers’ in the back!
- The Land Army: During a routine inspection of a squad of Land Army girls, the visiting officer has some suspicions that all is not what it seems…
Many of the sketches are available to purchase and perform separately – see our Sketches page
Apply for Performance Rights:
Licensing: This script is published through Lazy Bee Scripts. To read the whole script online and to make an application to perform the show please visit Lazy Bee Scripts.